Friday, September 08, 2006

Full Moon Effects

Yesterday was officially the full moon, and boy could I tell!

The emotions of everyone I came in contact with were riding higher than normal. Tears flowed from just about everyone I spoek with or met yesterday, either in person or on the phone.

The emergency rooms (all of them locally) were packed to the gills! I think I saw 5 ambulances in a space of four hours where I normally might only see 3 in an entire month on average.

When I was driving, everyone seemed in more of a hurry than normal and the chances I saw drivers taking...well, as one of my friends so eloquently put it, "You can tell they've never been in an accident."

On a psychic level, I had several people I called to touch base with tell me, "I was just about to call you, you've been on my mind all day." As I sat in conversation with friends at dinner, the telepathic rapport was zinging back and forth on a regular basis. We were laughing at how much we finished each other's sentences and had the same flashes at the same time.

Why do full moons heighten our senses this way? I was musing about that over coffee this morning. Perhaps it's because early human beings as a species had to use more than their five senses to survive those full moon nights when more animals were out and on the prowl. Perhaps we as hunter/gatherers became more successful obtaining food on nights when the moon was full, and those with more honed sensory perception passed their traits onto subsequent generations. Perhaps it has to do with a change in the gravitational pull of the moon on the earth and that subtle tug prompts our bodies into higher states of awareness.

I don't know if I have the answers, but I can tell from my own personal observations that there is certainly an increase in our own reception, both five sensory and multi-sensory the day before, the day of and the day after the full moon.

It's a good time to have a really strong focus on staying safe, keeping a balanced emotional keel, and paying attention to what your multi-sensory awareness is telling you.

4 comments:

Allen Michie said...

This is interesting. Do you think that synchronicity or coincidence implies that the future is predictable? Do you believe that the future is knowable, and hence in some way has already happened in order for it to be knowable in the present?

admin said...

Hi,

I also believe strongly that each time the moon is full it affects us. Actually I can feel it starting a few days before it becomes full. The effects seem to be always there, they just get stronger as the moon becomes more full. You have an interesting theory.

From an esoteric point of view I could explain it very easily. From a scientif point of view, I couldnt.

But still, either we explain it or not, it is there... so I prefer to just enjoy the moon and the power it has to enhance emotions!

Elisa Nicholas said...

Traditionally, yoga is not to be practiced on new or full moon days.

"Lunar cycles affect our subtle energy systems. The new and full moons are the strongest points of the lunar cycle. It is said that because our energy is more strongly affected on these days, there is a greater risk of injury during practice. It is also said that injuries suffered on moon days take longer to heal. On the New moon, the body is more grounded, but we usually feel heavy and inflexible. On the Full moon, the body is full of ungrounded energy which creates physical instability. For these reasons, Ashtanga yoga is not practiced during the New or Full Moon. Rest, honor the moon and enjoy the day off!"

excepted from thegreenroomyogahttp://www.greenroomyoga.com/faq/index.html

anonyme said...

I owned a hotel for 18 years & learned to anticipate more boistrous behavior & drunkenness on the 3 full moon nights, especially when these nights fell on weekends