Sunday, September 03, 2006

Connecting with my Medicine Man

I spoke with Lester and Mindy today, wishing them both a happy Labor Day weekend. Lester is my Lakota Medicine Man and Mindy is his half side. Over the past year, the three of us have become very good friends and I've been to more sweat lodges than I can count.

Lester is what I call "the real deal" as far as traditional Shaman go. Being Medicine Man is his full time work. He and Mindy both open their home to people far and wide who need help and healing. I've got to say, Spiritually this is one very connected individual! Lester truly understands how unconditional love heals and the clarity with which he receives information from Spirit is amazing.

In his healing of others, Lester's philosophy is simple. If you heal an individual's spirit and their emotions, the physcial body takes care of itself. Love and connection to Spirit are the real key.

Earlier this week, Mindy and I got together and cut out the fabric for a traditional ribbon shirt for Lester that she wants to make up. We had an evening of fun and figuring out the pattern. I can't wait to see it finished. We decided that more sewing together is definately in order.

I've learned a lot from working with and being friends with both of these marvelous people, and have received a great deal of healing myself. I'll be doing four sweat lodges in a row at the end of September. Looking forward to it!

No comments: