Sunday, August 23, 2009

Psychic Sensing of Upcoming Changes

Every once and a while, when you're ready to make a big change in your life, turn a new corner so to speak, it's nice to do something on the outside that helps mirror or remind you of what you are changing on the inside.

This year, with very little fanfare, I turned 50. I had originally wanted to have a BIG party, but instead just gathered with my kids for dinner and had a bit of cake with other friends who had May birthdays.

But, more than just hitting the five decade mark, I have known and felt on the wind other internal changes coming, emotionally, creatively, physically and psychically. Something was building up and about ready to break the surface. I wasn't sure exactly what, but I knew something was about to shift.

In anticipation of this nameless, shapeless, approaching apparition of personal change, in mid July, I looked in the mirror and realized it was time to radically change my outward self to start the process of getting ready for the inner upcoming event(s).

So, after growing out my hair past my shoulders, (the wonderful long deep red stuff with the wild blond streak) I looked at the emerging gray and made a command decision. It was time to cut the red all off and let the silver feathers strut their stuff.

I went to see one of my long time trusted stylists, told her what I was looking for and let her cut it really short (and cute!) When she was done, just a smidge of the old red tipped some of the top while the silver and grey shone elsewhere. I took one look in the mirror and realized I was the spitting image of my aunt Irlavere from Ontario, Canada. I haven't found anyone to take a photo yet of the new do, but will asap.

That was the beginning. Since then, I've been to the doctor, begun taking my vitamins in earnest again, made a promise to myself to consume a LOT more water, and am determined to lose 45 pounds before the end of the year, picking up more exercise a little each day.

Now, that's the physical part....the psychic part that's changing...my sense is that comes after the physical is half way done or so. I'm not sure what's going to show up, but we'll find out soon enough. Stay tuned.

No comments: