Monday, September 10, 2007

The passing of Alex













I received a sad e-mail today. Alex, the African Grey parrot and companion of my friend Irene Pepperberg passed away. (See http://www.alexfoundation.org.)

I've had fascinating discussions with Irene about the multi-sensory abilities and psychic abilities of animals and their apparent ability to communicate over long distances. In our talks, it seemed as if Alex was often very aware of how other human beings and parrots that he personally knew were doing.

While I do not know if Irene ever pursued scientific research in this area, I do know that her observations of Alex and Alex's comments about other people and birds at long distance locations was often right on the money.

Was Alex a psychic bird? Are all birds, or other two and four footed animals talented in the multi-sensory or psi arena? What we observed about Alex, his ability to communicate directly with Irene his thoughts and feelings was uncanny and in a word, marvelous!

I would love to see more research done on psychic ability and our non-human friends.

Until then, my heart and prayers go out to Alex and to Irene Pepperberg. Alex was an amazing individual and will be sorely missed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue. I've been checking out your website and noticed the story about Alex. I saw a show once, I think it was on National Geographic Channel...it was about animal communication. It was fascinating. They had an African Gray, like Alex who definatley was psychic. They did a study with the bird and the owner, who had been together many years. They put them in different buildings, different surroundings, and showed the woman photos, and instantly the parrot said what was in the photo. They showed a girl in a bathing suit..the bird would wistle, and say sexy. Or if they showed a car he'd say car, or what color it was, or talk about other things in the photo. It was absolutley amazing. I'll see if I can find info from that show and who did the study. I am sorry to hear your friend lost her friend, he must have been one terrific companion. I think what you do is amazing and thank you for all you give back to the world.

Traceeos said...

My good friend and I are trying to get in touch with you for a reading. Please email me at TraceeSaltz@mchsi.com with how we can find you for one. I live in Norwalk and she is in Johnston. We will, of course, come to you in Ames. We look forward to meeting you. We were very impressed with your Cityview article. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hi Su. I am hoping that you are the person I am trying to get into contact with. I actually overheard a conversation at Indian Hills Clinic in Omaha Nebraska about you doing some readings for a lady there. I have been interested in getting a reading for a long time and I overheard great things about your readings. If you could contact me at asramek@bigred.unl.edu and let me know more information about getting a reading, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much. -Ashley

psychic said...

some time i feel that i have foresight or psychic power. lol may be i am psychic