Monday, May 17, 2010

AMAZING Pain Relief (from papaya of all things!)

Well, you could have picked my jaw up from off the floor this week.
As a medical intuitive who knows a lot about natural pain relievers and anti inflamatories, I shouldn't have been as surprised as I was, but this sure made me a believer.

I've been limping around with sciatic pain and a bum left hip for more than a year now. Physical therapy, massage therapy, chiropractic adjustments, traditional treatments all seemed to have short lived, temporary results. I've been working on my exercises, walking more, and making sure I have the right shoes. I've been totally resisting going to the doctor for a stronger pain reliever, determined to get on top of this myself.

But I wasn't getting very far. I'd have two or three good days, then a bad flare up. Ibuprofen or naproxen just wasn't cutting the night time pain and so I would toss and turn all night, not finding any good position, even with a pillow between my knees.

Until last week. I was picking up fruit at the local grocery and stumbled upon a sale of papaya, a fruit I had spoken to my clients about for its enzyme papain, but hadn't actually eaten myself in who knew how long. They were half price so I bought one.

Papaya are green yellow on the outside when ripe, and pretty much look and taste like cantelope. They are easy to eat, pare off the skin with a knife, cut it in half the long way down the middle, scoop out the seeds, slice and eat. I ate half of one the first day, saving the other part for later.

I limped to bed, but as the night came on, my hip pain relaxed. It relaxed so much, I got the first good night's sleep in more than a month. I woke up, swung my legs round to the floor, stood up and realized suddenly that I hadn't tossed and turned all night and standing up was easy.

WOOT~!

Cautiously optimistic, I ate the other half of the papaya that evening and experienced the same result. A night of blissful, pain free sleep.

I waited several days, did a little gardening, mushroom hunting, hiking and sure enough, the hip pain returned. I went and bought 2 more papaya. This time I took ibuprofen and ate the papaya in the afternoon instead of the evening. Within 2 hours, my pain was nearly gone (ibuprofen never did that alone!) and stayed good until about midnight that night. Nearly 10 hours after eating two cups of papaya, the anti-inflammatory effects stayed with me that long.

Repeated the ibuprofen with papaya at bedtime last night. It still took a couple of hours for the full pain relieving affect to hit (guess it takes a while to get enough of the enzyme flowing through my system.)

I have another larger papaya ripening on the kitchen counter. More experimentation to come!

2 comments:

Psychic Readings said...

Is it a cure for arthritis?

Su Walker said...

Well, I think the papaya would honestly help as the anti-inflammatory properties would affect arthritis along with other stuff. I would also add as many fresh or frozen cherry products as you can as they have natural compounds that help gout, which is a particularly painful form of arthritis. The recommendation is to eat a breakfast of about 45 cherries an then watch the pain relieving assistance for the next 5 hours plus. For the full article see http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/ar/archive/may04/cherry0504.htm.