Wednesday, January 06, 2010

When Klingons Attack

I'm sure many folks will read the title above and think that I'm going to write today about character's out of the series, Star Trek. So sorry, but I'm going to disappoint you if that's your expectation.

No, what I really wanted to chat with you about today is the concept of getting rid of little bits of memory, other people's energy, and big or little stuff that clings on to you and builds up over time. I call these little "hanger-on-ers" Klingons.

How do you know if you have Klingons? (Wow, I make that sound like it's some sort of social disease, yikes) Well, honestly it's difficult to spot them on your own. The best description I can give you is if you find that some place, some thing, some one caused a negative shift in you and it just won't go away. I know that's pretty vague so perhaps some examples are in order here.

Let's say you have a fairly decent amount of empathic skill...that you easily pick up on the energy and emotions of people, places or things. Let's also say that I introduce you to Bob Smith. Right away you notice that Bob is on the unusual side...he doesn't look you in the eye easily but when he does he stares hard. He can't sit still and is figeting constantly. You ask him one simple question and it set's him off. He gets up and paces in circles trying to figure out, while talking out loud to himself, how to respond to your query of, "How are you?" After being in the room with Bob for less than 10 minutes, you begin to feel drained, like it's suddenly been a very long day and you've had to emotionally put up with a whole lot!

You excuse yourself from Bob and head to your car, but still can't shake the drained feeling. Even after you drive across town and finally get home, make yourself a cup of tea, and put your feet up...you just haven't bounced back. You've unknowingly picked up a Klingon. Most of us have been there, recognize the scenario, and now have a name for it.

What have you actually picked up? What happened with Bob? Wow, great question. With his actions, Bob didn't appear to actually TRY to toss anything negative your way. It's not like he attempted to purposefully send any negative influence your way....he just had his own issues. However, there is another strong possibility.

You entrained to Bob's energy.

What's entrained? Well...we human beings attempt to adapt to our environments. If, say I put you in a rock concert near the speakers and the beat of the music is going at 140 beats per minute...guess what your heart attempts to do. That's right, it picks up speed and tries to mimic that same 140 beats. If I put you in an environment where the music is 60 beats per minute your heart slows down. It entrains to or attempts to match it's environment.

The same sort of thing happens when I take you from in doors to outdoors. Inside, most of us are surrounded by 60 hertz (the frequency of our electric appliances and wall sockets.) Outdoors...well Mom Nature's natural frequency is about 3.7 hertz. Do most of us slow down and calm down better out of doors than in...yep! That's because we naturally entrain to the slower 3.7 hertz.

So, back to our example...in Bob's presence, you entrained to his "buzziness." You picked up on Bob's agitated frequency, naturally entrained to it without realizing you did it, and carried that frequency home with you. It clung on to you...thus....a Klingon.

What do you do about Klingons? That's tomorrow's blog. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I totally agree with your post about Klingons..I call them energy suckers. I lived most of my life not understanding my gift and/or how impressionable I was to the energy and states of others. Now I am always on the look out for this type of activity affecting me and thank the lord I can now protect myself.

Hannah said...

I like your thoughts about Klingons, I am watchful for them. Before I knew what my ability was called I had alot of trouble figuring out what was wrong with me. I would find my self so drained!! I finally have learned how to boost my energy levels and how to protect myself from other peoples energy in the past year and a half and I tell you, my life has totally changed!!!