Monday, February 26, 2007

When Mother Nature Prunes


This weekend, Mother Nature went on a rather extensive pruning spree where I live in Central Iowa. We received a rather hefty dose of ice followed by a foot of the heavy white stuff. For those of you who have wondered what sort of a place this psychic clairvoyant lady lives in, here is a quick picture of the gazebo in my back yard. Yesterday, I stood looking in this direction and the breaking of tree limbs sounded like gun shots. This morning I could stand outside and as the ice began cracking and melting off the trees, I could have sworn a thousand people at once were trying to pop ice cubes out of ice trays. Mom Nature saw fit to trim off the top of my red bud tree and take out a black walnut that I was wondering if I should cut down anyway. Guess she made the decision for me.

No comments: